Summer awards are refunded to students approximately the first week of June.
Student awards are not paid through Payroll and are not accessible through UC Path, but rather are paid through Financial Aid and disburse to your student account. You can log into your student portal to view your account activity: my.ucmerced.edu
Once your award is entered and disburses to your student account, the refund is processed by the UC Merced Student Business Services office – firstname.lastname@example.org
For Foreign Students Only
Please be sure your GLACIER record is up to date to avoid a delay in processing of your award. Contact email@example.com for assistance or with any questions.
Refunds of Financial Aid and What to Expect with the Refund Process:
- A refund will be processed if your student account reflects a negative (-) credit balance;
- A refund has been processed when there is a transaction on your account indicating “Refund Student Credit Balance;”
- Refunds are processed every Tuesday and Thursday by Student Business Services office;
- Refunds via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) are available in your account 2-3 business days AFTER the refund is processed;
- Refund checks are normally available 3 business days AFTER a refund Is processed and can be picked up at Campus Cashiering Services. Refund checks not picked up within 21 days will be mailed to the mailing address on file with UC Merced. It is highly recommended that you set up an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) EFT
This is separate and different from the direct deposit you have on file with Payroll Services.
- Student Business Services sends students an email notifying them when their refund is processed;
- A refund will be processed for a credit balance of $25.00 or less, however will be applied to future charges.
- A credit balance resulting from a credit card payment will be refunded back to the credit card used in making that payment.